The Education Division provides a forum for librarians/information professionals in the interdisciplinary field of education:
- to facilitate and promote communication,
- to exchange and disseminate information and knowledge for the benefit of libraries and their parent organizations,
- to enhance the skills of its members in management and retrieval of such information and knowledge,
- to stimulate research in the field of education information services,
- to manage evolving technology,
- to contribute to the development of materials, methods and services, and
- to cooperate with organizations that have similar or allied interests.