This scholarship is available to St. Catherine University MLIS students who are interested in special librarianship.
The St. Catherine University's Special Library Association Student Group is proud to offer scholarship money to assist one SLA member/MLIS student in attending the SLA Annual Conference. St. Kate's MLIS students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship by submitting an essay describing your interest in special librarianship and how attending the SLA conference will help you achieve your professional goals.
2014 SLA Conference Scholarship
The 2014 SLA Conference will be held in Vancouver on June 8 through 10th.
The application deadline has passed.
See below for application criteria.
How to Apply
St. Kate's MLIS students are encouraged to apply for this $1,500 scholarship by submitting an essay of no more than 1,500 words. Essays will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of involvement in SLA and the St. Kate's student group.
- How you will use your participation to promote and improve St. Kate's MLIS program.
- How attending the SLA conference will impact your career and/or education.
- Demonstration of commitment to the field of special librarianship.
The application deadline is April 30, 2014 and the winner will be notified by May 5, 2014.
Upon receipt of the scholarship, applicants must be:
- A member of SLA and the St. Catherine SLA student group.
- A current MLIS student at the St. Catherine University.
Acceptance of this scholarship denotes agreement to use funds to attend the current Annual Conference. Only those funds accounted for by receipted documentation will be available for reimbursement by the SCU SLA student group. Upon return from the conference, the winner will submit a report for publication in the Minnesota Chapter Bulletin.
See the box above for information on where and when to send your application.
- Amelia Snetting, 2014
- Lynn Stang, 2013
- Carol Lynn O'Gara, 2012
- Christine Simon, 2011 – read Christine's impressions
- Polly Perkins, 2010 – read Polly's impressions
- Erin Perry, 2009
- Lacey Mamak, 2008
- Cody Hanson, 2007
- Sara Rezec, 2006
- Jen Olson-Thompson, 2005
- Renee Weddle, 2004
- Deb Rash, 2003
- Gretchen Tutchel, 2002
- Karen Stauber, 2001