Silent Auction Fundraiser
Each year the St. Catherine University Special Libraries Association Student Group offers a scholarship to the SLA National Conference. The scholarship is primarily funded by money earned from an annual Silent Auction. The Silent Auction is typically held in December at the Minnesota SLA Chapter's Holiday Party.
Sponsoring a student to attend the SLA National Convention through this scholarship is one of the biggest challenges the student group takes on each year. We can use your help!
2014 Silent Auction and SLA & MALL Holiday Party
When: Monday Decemberr 7, 2010 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: HGA Architects and Engineers
420 5th St North
Mpls, MN 55401
Contact with questions: Kerry Walsh - email@example.com - 651 - 280 - 2705
Julie Weston firstname.lastname@example.org - 612-758-4624
Eddy Morrow email@example.com - 612-961-2377 (Silent auction donations & inquiries)
Collecting Donations Thru: Thursday, December 4, 2014 in a box in the MLIS office - or contact Eddy Morrow to schedule a pickup.
How to Help
If you are a student you may help by donating your time to make this fundraiser happen! If you are a professional librarian or information professional, a MLIS faculty member, or a MLIS student you may help by donating items, gifts, or services to be auctioned. Most importantly, you may help by bidding on items in the Silent Auction!! Whether you help with your time and labor, your gifts, or your bid, we greatly appreciate it!
- Volunteers to solicit businesses for donations. Send letters and follow up.
- Volunteers to create bid sheets and set up the auction display table.
- Donate items, gifts, and services.
Contact Us if you can help organize or contribute to the Silent Auction event. Thank you!
Items to Donate
Ideas for items and services to donate are only limited by your imagination! Here are some popular ideas from previous years:
- Gift Certificates from restaurants, gas stations, coffee or tea shops, movie theaters, video stores, book retailers, pet stores, craft stores, home stores, or any place you frequent
- Gift Baskets - wine/liquor, bath items, kids items, movie night, travel, biking/hiking, BBQ tools, food items, etc
- Tickets to sporting, cultural events, or theater
- Memberships to museums or cultural centers
- Handcrafted Items such as jewelry, purses, scarves, quilts
- Photography or Artwork
- Invitation to dinner or a home-cooked meal
- Services for housekeeping, babysitting, or landscaping
- Books, special editions, unique, or best-sellers